5 December 2017
Raymond Blanc serves up new healthy salads for Eurostar Business Premier travellers
Eurostar, the high-speed rail service linking the UK and mainland Europe, is dishing up a new range of healthy salads for Business Premier passengers to enjoy, as they travel across the Channel.
Designed by Michelin star chef and Eurostar Business Premier Culinary Director, Raymond Blanc OBE, the eight vegetarian salads are a welcome addition to the menu for those desiring a lighter option, whilst they relax or work on board.
To suit a range of nutritional requirements, four of the salads are gluten free, two are dairy free and one is vegan, each with a delicious, fresh flavour. As with all the food served in Business Premier, the new salads are made with sustainable ingredients of local provenance.
Eight new vegetarian salads
Raymond Blanc OBE, Eurostar Business Premier Culinary Director, said:
- Quinoa, lentil, feta, roast beetroot, apple, linseed and rocket with lemon dressing
- Bulgur wheat, chickpea, butternut squash, goats cheese and mint with lemon dressing
- Lentil, celery, celeriac, spelt and quinoa
- Sweet potato, goats' cheese, lentil and grilled celeriac with balsamic dressing (gluten free)
- Roasted butternut squash, harissa, lentil, cauliflower and almonds with balsamic dressing (gluten free, dairy free, vegan)
- Stilton, quinoa, walnuts, Savoy cabbage, celery, radish, dill and orange with apple dressing (gluten free)
- Honeyed goat's cheese, chestnut, lentil, carrot and celery with balsamic vinaigrette (gluten free)
- Spelt, beetroot, spinach, coleslaw, cumin, and edamame beans with orange vinaigrette (dairy free)
“Whilst on board, business travellers are looking for a flexible menu with a variety of options. I have refreshed the menu to offer a new range of healthy vegetarian salads, made with high quality sustainable produce, which I hope will satisfy those after a lighter alternative.”
The introduction of the new range of salads marks four and a half years since Eurostar and Raymond Blanc joined forces to transform the on board dining experience for Business Premier passengers. Renowned for his passion and innovative culinary expertise, Raymond works with each of Eurostar’s three kitchens to design seasonal menus combining the best of British and French cuisine.
Eurostar is proud to be the first transport provider to receive Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) accreditation as a Two-Star Sustainability Champion for its commitment to sourcing local and sustainably produced ingredients and for pursuing a socially and environmentally responsible approach.
Eurostar’s Business Premier aims to offer the highest standards in cross-channel train travel and a superior experience for passengers. With fully flexible fares, Business Premier customers can enjoy a 10 minute express check-in, exclusive access to the business lounges, plus complementary drinks and fine dining all served in the comfort of their own seat. EndsNotes to editors
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Lyon, Avignon, Marseille and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR. LCR’s holding was transferred to the Treasury in 2014, and sold by the UK government to a consortium comprising Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec (CDPQ) and Hermes Infrastructure on 28th May 2015.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.
- Eurostar is proud to be the first transport provider to receive Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) accreditation as a Two-Star Sustainability Champion for its commitment to sourcing local and sustainably produced ingredients and for pursuing a socially and environmentally responsible approach.