22 December 2017
Eurostar unveils Amazon Prime Video on board
Now showing: Amazon Prime Video on board Eurostar
- Eurostar is the first European transport operator to feature Amazon Prime Video on board
- The Grand Tour with Jeremy Clarkson will make its high-speed rail debut this month
- Free Amazon content for passengers on the new Eurostar app
Eurostar, the high-speed rail service linking the UK and mainland Europe, will be unveiling a range of critically acclaimed Amazon Prime Video content on board its fleet of e320 trains via the new app.
Eurostar will be the first transport operator in Europe to feature Prime Video on board, free for all passengers to enjoy as they speed across the Channel.
Launching on Eurostar’s state-of-the-art fleet of e320 trains, travellers can view a range of Amazon’s top original drama, comedy and kids TV shows from Prime Video, simply by using their own device to connect to the free on-board wifi and the new app. The new programmes will add to Eurostar’s existing line-up of over 300 hours of TV shows and films. These include:
- The Grand Tour: Featuring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, travellers will be able to view the first three episodes of the global hit.
- Man in the High Castle: Produced by Ridley Scott and starring Rufus Sewell, the Amazon Original is a dystopian alternative history television series bound to keep passengers entertained throughout the journey.
- Transparent: Multi-award-winning series from the prolific showrunner Jill Soloway.
- Plus a range of Amazon’s acclaimed kids shows including Gortimer Gibbons’ Life on Normal Street, Just Add Magic and The Kicks.
The catalogue will be refreshed on a regular basis to offer passengers a wide range of exclusive Prime Video shows. Neil Roberts, Head of Digital, Eurostar, said:
“Our on board entertainment system offers passengers more than 300 hours of free content, all available through the new app, accessible on their own device. With our new Amazon Prime Video partnership, we’re delighted to offer our travellers even more choice, as they speed across the Channel on our new trains.” Jay Marine, Vice President Prime Video Europe, Amazon, said:
“This significant partnership with Eurostar will bring passengers who haven’t yet watched our shows a fantastic selection of the best of Prime Video. From our number one worldwide show The Grand Tour through to a selection of great kids shows, passengers will be able to access leading Prime Video entertainment whilst on the move.” New Eurostar app
Designed to offer both business and leisure travellers a more streamlined experience with a sleek new design and a simple navigation plane, the new app allows customers to access every part of the journey in a few simple clicks from their smartphone.
Recognising the importance of connectivity for travellers, the app is equipped with new features making it the perfect travel companion. These include:
- New destinations: Customers will be able to book travel to connecting destinations.
- Mobile tickets: Tickets will be stored on passengers’ smartphones, ready to scan at check-in.
- Booking changes: Update or change bookings on the go.
- Digital loyalty card: Passengers will be able to access their Club Eurostar loyalty card direct from the app. This means they’ll get quick access to the exclusive discounts and benefits that are unique to their Club Eurostar membership.
- On board entertainment: Access to over 300 hours of free TV shows, films, games and more from the app, accessible on their own device.
- Live departures and arrivals: View real-time train information.
- Apple Wallet: Save mobile tickets to Apple Wallet.
With quick and convenient check-in, a seamless city-centre to city-centre journey, and a generous baggage allowance, Eurostar is the ideal way to travel between London and mainland Europe.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com
or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186.Ends Notes to editors
About Amazon Video
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Lyon, Avignon, Marseille and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR. LCR’s holding was transferred to the Treasury in 2014, and sold by the UK government to a consortium comprising Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec (CDPQ) and Hermes Infrastructure on 28th May 2015.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of popular movies and TV episodes, to stream or download, including Amazon Originals and Exclusives like American Gods, based on the award-winning novel by Neil Gaiman; Preacher starring Oscar nominated Ruth Negga and Dominic Cooper; Sneaky Pete, executive produced by Bryan Cranston; Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton; 2016 BAFTA winning Transparent; Ridley Scott produced The Man in the High Castle; 2016 Golden Globe® winning MR. ROBOT; Bosch, based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling books; all series of Ripper Street and Clarkson, Hammond and May show The Grand Tour. Plus, must-see films like Elf, Nativity, The Holiday and more. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Allowing Prime members to add over 40 individual channel subscriptions including Discovery, Eurosport Player, hayu and others to their Prime Video viewing experience for an additional low monthly subscription fee, without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
- Rent or Own: Thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Watch Anywhere: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, mobile devices and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, on Xbox, PlayStation, Wii and Wii U, and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing.
For more information:
Eurostar Press Office
020 7843 5500