9 May 2016
Eurostar unveils new marketing campaign to showcase state-of-the-art new fleet
Eurostar, the high-speed rail service linking the UK and mainland Europe, is launching a new above the line campaign today designed to showcase Eurostar’s service benefits and features of the new state-of-the-art fleet, which started service in November 2015.
The central campaign created with creative agency AKQA features four 40 second videos each set inside a carriage that follow the journey of individual passengers as they travel from London to Paris.
To bring to life the new exciting features of the train, the viewer is transported on a journey through the imagination of the traveller in focus.
- Service in Standard Premier (View Video): A mother and daughter are filmed in the spacious surroundings of their carriage and then into a set reminiscent of the Grand Budapest Hotel. Crew dressed in black tie holding silver trays are featured to mimic the quality of Eurostar’s on board service.
- Wi-Fi (View Video): Through the eyes of a business woman the video shows just how easy it is to stay connected with the on board wi-fi.
- On-board entertainment (View Video): With free wi-fi and an on board entertainment system across all classes of service on Eurostar’s new trains, it’s the ultimate time to escape and catch up on films. The video follows a young man on his iPad as he looks out the window and is transported into a movie scene.
- Comfort and space (View Video): A family relax in Standard class to reveal the space for children to play and let their imagination run wild as parents unwind.
The videos are supported with four digital and static creatives and a suite of banners across Eurostar’s key cities in the UK, France and Belgium. Media includes premium stand-out OOH sites from a Platform Domination in London King’s Cross and Waterloo, Media Eyes in Birmingham and premium digital sites across Belgium and core French cities – Paris, Lille, Nantes and Lyon. It is also in standout press formats including the Daily Telegraph, Financial Times and Sport magazine.
Lionel Benbassat, Head of Marketing & Brand, Eurostar, said:
“With the launch of our new trains, we’ve created a campaign that brings to life the on board experience. By playing on each of the new features and overall benefits of the Eurostar service in an engaging video format, we are inviting travellers to explore the new trains.”
With city-centre to city-centre fares from £29 one way, free travel for children under four, free seat selection and a generous luggage allowance with no weight restrictions, Eurostar is ideal for those that don’t like to travel light.
to view our new trains and watch the campaign videos.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com
or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186. Notes to editors Credits
Creative agency: AKQA
Media Agency: iProspectProduction company: SoLab Productions About Eurostar
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 150 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new e320 will carry around 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR. LCR’s holding was transferred to the Treasury in 2014, and sold by the UK government to a consortium comprising Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec (CDPQ) and Hermes Infrastructure on 28th May 2015.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.
AKQA is the ideas and innovation company that uses the imaginative application of art and science to create ideas, products and services. www.akqa.com For more information:Eurostar Press Office 020 7843 firstname.lastname@example.org