28 December 2015
Now showing… onboard entertainment and WiFi launched across Eurostar’s new fleet
Eurostar, the high-speed rail service connecting the UK and mainland Europe, is pleased to announce the launch of wifi and onboard entertainment across its new fleet of state-of-the-art trains.
Following the arrival into service of the e320 train on the London-Paris route at the end of 2015, Eurostar passengers can now enjoy a complete transformation of their on board experience. By connecting their mobile phone or tablet to the free on-board wifi, customers can unlock more than 300 hours of popular TV shows and movies ranging from the much acclaimed Sherlock
series to the King’s Speech
. With news, games, magazines, a special children’s zone and a live moving location map, the system sets a new benchmark for on-board entertainment in short haul travel.
Recognising the importance of connectivity for passengers, the e320 trains will be equipped with free wifi, allowing customers to email, chat and tweet during their journey. In addition, digital screens featuring up-to-date journey information are located in each carriage.
Carrying 900 passengers, the e320 boosts capacity per train by 20% and is capable of reaching a speed of 320 kph (200 mph). With the external livery and interiors designed by Pininfarina, the legendary Italian design house, world-renowned for its iconic car designs, the new Eurostar train boasts many innovative features aimed at maximising energy efficiency and delivering an enhanced experience for travellers. Nicolas Petrovic, CEO, Eurostar said:
“The successful introduction of our new fleet marks an important milestone for the business as it transforms the travel experience for our customers. Our e320 trains bring the ultimate in style and comfort alongside the latest in on-board digital connectivity for both business and leisure travellers.”
With increased seat capacity on the e320, Eurostar is now offering its most competitive fares ever. The combination of a lead-in price of £29/€39 one way to Paris/Brussels/Lille and fares from £37 to hundreds of destinations across France, Holland and Belgium, makes Eurostar the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to travel between the UK and mainland Europe.
For more information:Eurostar Press Office 020 7843 email@example.comNotes to Editors
- The onboard entertainment platform is provided by GoMedia, Europe’s leading on-board infotainment provider www.gomedia.io
- Nomad Digital is the world’s leading provider of wireless connectivity and ICT solutions to the rail sector and its networked train solution provides the IP backbone and train-shore connectivity on which Eurostar’s WiFi and media content is delivered www.nomad-digital.com
- Over the next 3 years Eurostar is introducing 17 new e320 trains into its fleet and is carrying out a programme of refurbishment of its original trains.
- Customers travelling by Eurostar can enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Seamless city centre to city centre travel, with stations located in the heart of our destinations
- Fast and convenient check-in - passengers are asked to arrive only 30 minutes before departure (or 10 minutes if travelling Business Premier)
- Generous, free-of-charge baggage allowance with each passengers allowed 2 bags/suitcases and 1 piece of hand luggage
- No queues or baggage reclaim upon arrival - simply take your bag with you on board
- Comfort and space on board to work or unwind