6 August 2019
Eurostar invites travellers to ‘Press for champagne’
Marking 100 days to 25th anniversary with a first for the travel industry
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service linking the UK with mainland Europe, today launches a ‘Press for champagne’ button to kick off the 100-day countdown to its 25th anniversary. In a first for any transport provider, travellers can ‘press for champagne’ using the latest version of the Eurostar app to join in the celebrations and make their trip even more memorable.
With 100 days to go until Eurostar’s 25th anniversary on 14th November 2019, the first 25 customers on selected trains to press the button can sit back and relax as a complimentary glass of bubbles is served to their seat. The new feature will be available on 6th August and then on peak Friday evening services from London to Paris, Brussels, Rotterdam and Amsterdam for the rest of the month.
Marc Noaro, Chief Customer Officer, Eurostar, said: “For 25 years Eurostar has provided customers with a fast, comfortable and enjoyable way to travel. We’re trialling a new ‘press for champagne’ button this summer to offer travellers a chance to join in the celebrations and make their trip even more special.”
The ‘Press for champagne’ button will be available to customers on the following trains on 6th August, 100 days before Eurostar’s 25th anniversary, and then on Friday evenings for the rest of the month (9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th).
Eurostar customers can look out for more ways to celebrate 25 years of the international rail service when travelling over the coming months.
- London > Paris 17:01
- Paris > London 17:13
- London > Brussels, Rotterdam and Amsterdam 17:16
With quick and convenient check-in, a seamless city-centre to city-centre journey and a generous baggage allowance, Eurostar is the ideal way to travel to mainland Europe. Travellers can sit back and enjoy free wi-fi and over 300 hours of on board entertainment, all streamed straight to their phone, tablet of laptop.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186.
Highlights from 25 years of Eurostar:
- 14 Nov 1994 First international trains leave London Waterloo to Paris, Brussels and Lille
- 29 Jun 1996 Launch of direct Disneyland Paris route
- 13 Dec 1997 Launch of ski train to the French Alps
- 20 Jul 2002 New route to Avignon in the South of France
- 28 Aug 2007 Eurostar carries it’s 100 millionth traveller
- 6 Nov 2007 St Pancras became Eurostar’s new home
- 31 Oct 2012 World renowned Michelin starred chef, Raymond Blanc OBE is announced as the new Business Premier Culinary Director
- 14 Nov 2014 Eurostar celebrates its 20th anniversary by unveiling its new fleet of state-of-the-art trains at St Pancras International
- 1 May 2015 Eurostar introduces Lyon and Marseille to South of France route
- 28 Dec 2016 Onboard entertainment and Wi-Fi introduced on trains
- 3 Feb 2017 State-of-the-art business lounge unveiled in Paris
- 4 Apr 2018 Eurostar’s first commercial service to Rotterdam and Amsterdam
- 25 Apr 2018 New hotel collection is launched
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Lyon, Avignon, Marseille, the French Alps, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
- From its early days of operation Eurostar has championed the environmental benefits of high speed rail and the switch to sustainable modes of transport for short haul travel. A Eurostar journey from London to Amsterdam emits 80% less carbon than the equivalent short haul flight making it a clear choice for the future of travel in Europe.
- Customers travelling by Eurostar can enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Seamless city centre to city centre travel, with stations located in the heart of our destinations
- Comfort and space on board to work or unwind with wifi connectivity and on board entertainment
- Fast and convenient check-in - passengers are asked to arrive only 30 minutes before departure
- Generous, free-of-charge baggage allowance with each passenger allowed 2 bags/suitcases and 1 piece of hand luggage
- No queues or baggage reclaim upon arrival - simply take your bag with you on board