17 August 2018
Explore Belgium and Lille this September with Eurostar
Beat the post summer holiday blues, with a weekend getaway to the Continent on Eurostar this September. Whether it’s beer tasting in Brussels, a chocolate filled weekend in Bruges, or a shopping spree in Lille, the hardest decision will be deciding where to go.
With Eurostar’s new train + hotel collection, travellers will have access to an exclusive range of hand-picked hotels with special rates when booked together with travel. And this September, passengers can benefit from the following rates:
- Lille: Eurostar train + hotel from £95 per night, per person
- Brussels: Eurostar train + hotel from £150 per night, per person
- Bruges: Eurostar train + hotel from £165 per night, per person
The new hotel collection has been curated by Eurostar to provide travellers with the best selection of high quality city-centre hotels across all price-points, grouped in different themes to make booking the ideal trip quick and easy. From design gems to gastronomic hot-spots, the new platform will help customers identify the perfect, tried and tested hotel. Travel this September Beer tasting in Brussels
The annual Belgian Beer Weekend will take up residence in the historic Grand Place, where beer lovers can taste all types of tipples. Home to a host of brewers, visitors will get to sample beer from smaller, artisanal companies, as well as the bigger brands from 7th
September. Comic Strip Festival in Brussels
September, the annual Comic Strip Festival will take up residence at Parc de Bruxelles. The city will come alive with exhibitions, screenings and workshops, where comic fans can meet the authors and illustrators, and learn about the tales of Tintin. Chocolate box Bruges
For chocolate lovers, Bruges is the ideal destination with its endless chocolate stores and beautifully crafted sweets. With its charming medieval step-roofed houses, imposing churches and romantic canals, Bruges is the ultimate place for an Autumn trip. French fashion and food in Lille
Only an hour and a half from London St Pancras, Lille is the perfect place to visit for a day trip or a short weekend break. The old town is just moments from the train station, which is filled with fashionable boutiques, restaurants offering moules frites, and traditional waffle stores. Lille is also home to the biggest flea market in Europe, which takes place over the first weekend in September. Ease of travel
With quick and convenient check-in, a seamless city-centre to city-centre journey, and a generous baggage allowance, Eurostar is the ideal way to travel between London and mainland Europe.
For more information or to book visit www.eurostar.com/uk-en/handpicked-packages
or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186. EndsNotes to editors
Terms and conditions
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Lyon, Avignon, Marseille, the French Alps, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
- From its early days of operation Eurostar has championed the environmental benefits of high speed rail and the switch to sustainable modes of transport for short haul travel. A Eurostar journey from London to Amsterdam emits 80% less carbon than the equivalent short haul flight making it a clear choice for the future of travel in Europe.
- Customers travelling by Eurostar can enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Seamless city centre to city centre travel, with stations located in the heart of our destinations
- Comfort and space on board to work or unwind with wifi connectivity and onboard entertainment
- Fast and convenient check-in - passengers are asked to arrive only 30 minutes before departure
- Generous, free-of-charge baggage allowance with each passenger allowed 2 bags/suitcases and 1 piece of hand luggage
- No queues or baggage reclaim upon arrival - simply take your bag with you on board
For more information:
- All packages are subject to availability.
- Prices are based on two people sharing a room, and are accurate as of the 16th August 2018. Prices are subject to change and availability.
- There may be limited availability on Monday mornings, Fridays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
- Valid for travel in Standard and Standard Premier Class.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
Eurostar Press Office
020 7843 5500