20 April 2023
Seeing Europe shouldn’t cost the earth – Eurostar releases 10% discount to celebrate Earth Day
London, UK, 20th April 2023: Eurostar Group, the high-speed rail service connection the UK to mainland Europe is celebrating Earth Day by encouraging customers to travel more sustainably by offering a 10% discount on summer getaways.
With 10,000 return bookings on offer to travel from London St Pancras to Paris, Lille and Brussels - passengers can benefit from saving money and carbon emissions when travelling to the Continent. Eurostar is the greener way to go, as a passenger’s carbon footprint from one Eurostar journey is on average 90% less than the equivalent flight. Eurostar trains running on 100% electricity, producing less CO2 per passenger than any airline.
From the 20th to 26th April, customers can use EARTH23 discount code at checkout, to receive a 10% deduction from the overall cost of the ticket price for Standard and Standard Premier service. Customers will be able to travel for their summer trips between 6th June to 23rd August 2023.
Eurostar and Thalys have joined forces to form Eurostar Group, becoming the backbone of sustainable travel in Europe. Passengers can now cross five European countries with new links to incredible German cities. By using PLANET23 on Thalys’ website from 20th- 26th April 2023, customers can receive a €10 discount on trips between 06 June and 31 July when spending over €60.
Eurostar offers seamless city-centre to city-centre travel and a generous baggage allowance with no weight or liquid restrictions. Travellers can book with confidence knowing that all tickets – including sale fares - are flexible, with no exchange fee up to 7 days before departure, offering peace of mind should travel plans change. To book, visit www.eurostar.com.
Notes to Editors- For full terms and conditions on the promotion, please visit https://mc25qhnwjmdf6s14r2s29cfsyk9y.pub.sfmc-content.com/divmsh43lr31. The 10% discount applies to Standard and Standard Premier tickets (return only) from/to London St Pancras International, Paris Gare du Nord, Lille Europe or Brussels Midi.2. The discount shall be valid on bookings made from 09h00 GMT on 20/04/2023 until 22h59 GMT on 26/04/2023, for travel between 06/06/2023 and 23/08/2023 inclusive, excluding the following dates: from 23/06/2023 to 25/06/2023 inclusive, from 20/07/2023 to 23/07/2023 inclusive, from 27/07/2023 to 29/07/2023 inclusive.3. This offer is subject to availability.4. The discount code can only be used on the Eurostar website (www.eurostar.com), by quoting the code when calling the Eurostar Contact Centre, or at our stations (London St Pancras International and Paris Gare du Nord) when purchasing tickets for Eurostar train services.5. The discount code must be quoted at time of booking and cannot be retrospectively applied after booking. The discount code can be redeemed 10,000 times, but only one discount code can be redeemed per booking. The discount code can only be redeemed against bookings made in GBP.6. The discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, sale or discount. The discount code can be used together with e-vouchers and, for Club Eurostar members, together with the part points - part payment option.7. The discount code cannot be used against package bookings or any fees or add-ons (e.g., hotels, insurance, car rental). If, within a booking, there are ineligible tickets and/or fees or add-ons, the discount code will be applied only to the eligible part of the booking.8. Alterations, refunds or exchanges will be permitted in accordance with ticket conditions.9. The discount code only applies to the initial booking made during the booking dates specified in point 2 for the travel period referred to in point 2. If you exchange your initial booking, the discount code cannot be applied to your new booking. However, the value of your initial booking with the discount code applied will remain the same.10. Eurostar reserves the right to cancel bookings or to recover the full fare for any booking if it considers there has been an abuse of this offer or breach of these terms and conditions.11. Eurostar reserves the right to change these terms and condition at any time without notice.12. Eurostar International Limited Conditions of Carriage apply to travel on Eurostar trains. Copies are available from Eurostar points of sale or at eurostar.com.13. The promoter of this promotion is: Eurostar International Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 2462001, whose registered office is 6th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG.**The promotional e-Voucher is valid for tickets purchased between 20 and 26 April 2023 inclusive, for travel between 6 June and 31 July 2023 inclusive to/from Brussels, Paris, Cologne, Amsterdam and Marne-la-Vallée Chessy Disneyland Paris. Offer valid on certain trains only and subject to availability. 5,000 promotional e-Vouchers will be made available on 20 April 2023, each granting €10 off purchases totalling €60 or more. For the Terms and Conditions of Use governing promotional e-Vouchers, please click here.About Eurostar Group:
- Initiated in September 2019, the proposed alliance between Eurostar and Thalys, received approval from the European Commission at the end of March 2022 giving rise to holding company Eurostar Group on May 1, 2022.
- Eurostar Group is owned by SNCF Voyages Développement (55.75%), CDPQ (19.31%), the SNCB (18.50%) and funds managed by Federated Hermes Infrastructure (6.44%).
- The holding company is based in Brussels and holds 100% of the shares of Eurostar International Limited (Eurostar) and THI Factory SA (Thalys), which remain full-fledged railway companies and are headquartered in London and Brussels respectively.
- The ambition is to provide an attractive alternative to road and air transport and to accelerate the modal shift from 19 million passengers carried in 2019 to 30 million within 10 years.
- The new entity will offer the largest international high-speed network in Western Europe and has set itself the objective of deploying an ambitious environmental policy over the next few years.
 Funds managed by Federated Hermes Infrastructure hold a 6.44% interest via Patina Rail LLP. About Thalys
- Eurostar is the high-speed passenger service linking London St. Pancras International with city centre stations in mainland Europe, via the Channel Tunnel.
- From its early days of operation Eurostar has championed the environmental benefits of high-speed rail - a passenger’s carbon footprint from flying to London would be the same as making up to 13 Eurostar journeys *Based on 2019 CO2 emissions, more info at www.eurostar.com
- In March 2022 the alliance of Eurostar and Belgian railway operator Thalys – the Green Speed project - was approved by the European Commission. Subsequently a holding company was created which owns 100% of Eurostar and Thalys. This holding company is owned by SNCF (55.75%), CDPQ (19.31%), SNCB (18.5%) and funds managed by Federated Hermes Infrastructure (6.44%).
- For more than 25 years, Thalys has been helping to bring together the cultures and economies of its four European countries. In 2022, Thalys carried 6.5 million passengers.
- At high speed, it takes only 1 hour and 22 minutes to reach Paris from Brussels on board the red trains, 1 hour and 47 minutes to Cologne and 1 hour and 50 minutes to Amsterdam.
- Faster and more ecological, travelling on Thalys trains means emitting almost 20 times less CO2e than by car*, and 30 times less CO2e than by plane*.
- A pioneer in on-board WiFi, Thalys has stood out since its creation by offering an exceptional service: multilingual welcome & ergonomic comfort.
- Since 2015, Thalys has been a fully-fledged railway company, with SNCB and SNCF as shareholders.
- In March 2022, the alliance between Thalys and the international high-speed rail service Eurostar - the Green Speed project - was approved by the European Commission. This alliance has resulted in the creation of a holding company that owns 100% of the shares of Eurostar and Thalys. This holding company is owned by SNCF (55.75%), CDPQ (19.31%), SNCB (18.5%) and funds managed by Federated Hermes Infrastructure (6.44%).