24 May 2017
Snap up a £19 Eurostar ticket
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service linking the UK with mainland Europe, is offering £19 fares to Paris or Brussels for one day only on 24th
May, to celebrate the first anniversary of Eurostar Snap
The great value fares offer the perfect excuse for a last minute getaway, and are valid for travel from 6th
June. In little over 2 hours, travellers can explore the cafés, culture and cuisine of Paris or Brussels for less than the price of an express train to London airports1
Eurostar Snap rewards spontaneous travellers with the lowest fares. Travellers log-in using Facebook or Twitter, specify a morning or afternoon travel time on their chosen dates, and their allocated train will be emailed to them at least 48 hours before departure.
In its first year, over 100,000 people have travelled with the lowest fares using Eurostar Snap. The busiest month to travel was April 2017 as passengers took advantage of the long Easter weekend. This was followed by December 2016 when Christmas markets and New Year festivities proved popular choices.
Nick Mercer, Commercial Director, Eurostar said: “We created Eurostar Snap to encourage travellers to take advantage of effortless city centre to city centre travel at short notice. Since its launch, over 100,000 passengers have made the most of the great value fares on offer, and our e320 trains with more space on board and free wifi and onboard entertainment make Eurostar the ideal way to travel to Europe.”
Fares must be booked at least seven days before travel, for travel within a four-week booking horizon.
To hear about when the best Eurostar offers are available, join the social communities on twitter.com/EurostarUK
. For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit snap.eurostar.com
. -ENDS- Notes to editors1Based on the price of a standard class buy on-board single Heathrow Express ticket (£27), an online standard class express saver Heathrow Express ticket bought in less than 14 days before travel (£22), or a standard class anytime Single Gatwick Express ticket (£19.90), correct as of 16/05/2017.
- Fares are subject to availability
- 11,500 seats available at £19 each way.
For more information:
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR. LCR’s holding was transferred to the Treasury in 2014, and sold by the UK government to a consortium comprising Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec (CDPQ) and Hermes Infrastructure on 28th May 2015.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.
Eurostar Press Office
020 7843 email@example.com