2 October 2019
Eurostar launches a series of on-board masterclasses on selected trains in October
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service linking the UK with mainland Europe, has launched a series of new on-board masterclasses on selected trains in October.
Passengers will be able to join a masterclass on food, arts and culture, cocktails and wine led by a series of experts on selected London to Paris routes.
With 50 days to go until Eurostar’s 25th anniversary on 14th November 2019, the first 25 passengers on board to sign-up to the masterclasses via the Eurostar app will be able to join.
The successful passengers will be able to sample hand-picked Parisian delicacies, join a blind wine-tasting session, experiment with mixing cocktails and learn about the hidden street art scene in Paris.
Each masterclass will be hosted by a different expert, including Tristan Kennedy, arts and culture expert at Culture Trip; JJ Goodman, founder of London Cocktail Club; Marianne Diemer, sommelier at Hôtel Lutetia and Pierre-Jean Hayes at Secret Food Tours Paris.
Marc Noaro, Chief Customer Officer at Eurostar, said: “We have launched a series of new experiences on-board to offer our customers a preview of the very best of Parisian food, drink and culture available. We want our customers to experience more when travelling with Eurostar, so they arrive directly in the city-centre ready to make the most of their trip the moment they step off the train.”
Eurostar will run their on-board masterclasses on their services throughout October, with the following themes:
Eurostar customers can look out for more ways to celebrate 25 years of the international rail service when travelling over the coming months.
- Food (4th) – Pierre-Jean Hayes at Secret Food Tours Paris
- Arts / Culture (11th) – Tristan Kennedy at Culture Trip
- Cocktails (18th) – JJ Goodman at London Cocktail Club
- Wine (25th) – Marianne Diemer at Hôtel Lutetia
With quick and convenient check-in, a seamless city-centre to city-centre journey and a generous baggage allowance, Eurostar is the ideal way to travel to mainland Europe. Travellers can sit back and enjoy free wi-fi and more than 300 hours of on-board entertainment, all streamed straight to their phone, tablet or laptop.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit Eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186.
Notes to editors:
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights from 25 years of Eurostar:
- 14 Nov 1994 First international trains leave London Waterloo to Paris, Brussels and Lille
- 29 Jun 1996 Launch of direct Disneyland Paris route
- 13 Dec 1997 Launch of ski train to the French Alps
- 20 Jul 2002 New route to Avignon in the South of France
- 28 Aug 2007 Eurostar carries it’s 100 millionth traveller
- 6 Nov 2007 St Pancras became Eurostar’s new home
- 31 Oct 2012 World renowned Michelin starred chef, Raymond Blanc OBE is announced as the new Business Premier Culinary Director
- 14 Nov 2014 Eurostar celebrates its 20th anniversary by unveiling its new fleet of state-of-the-art trains at St Pancras International
- 1 May 2015 Eurostar introduces Lyon and Marseille to South of France route
- 28 Dec 2016 Onboard entertainment and Wi-Fi introduced on trains
- 3 Feb 2017 State-of-the-art business lounge unveiled in Paris
- 4 Apr 2018 Eurostar’s first commercial service to Rotterdam and Amsterdam
- 25 Apr 2018 New hotel collection is launched
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Lyon, Avignon, Marseille, the French Alps, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
- From its early days of operation Eurostar has championed the environmental benefits of high speed rail and the switch to sustainable modes of transport for short haul travel. A Eurostar journey from London to Amsterdam emits 80% less carbon than the equivalent short haul flight making it a clear choice for the future of travel in Europe.
- Customers travelling by Eurostar can enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Seamless city centre to city centre travel, with stations located in the heart of our destinations
- Comfort and space on board to work or unwind with wifi connectivity and on board entertainment
- Fast and convenient check-in - passengers are asked to arrive only 30 minutes before departure
- Generous, free-of-charge baggage allowance with each passenger allowed 2 bags/suitcases and 1 piece of hand luggage
- No queues or baggage reclaim upon arrival - simply take your bag with you on board