27 January 2020
Eurostar to host exclusive ‘meet and greet’ with former rugby England captain Dylan Hartley
Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service linking the UK and mainland Europe, is hosting former England rugby captain Dylan Hartley in an exclusive ‘meet and greet’ to give rugby fans booked to travel on Eurostar to the Six Nations game in Paris a trip to remember.
Rugby fans booked on the 11:15 Eurostar to Paris on Saturday 1st February ahead of the England v France match at the Stade de France in Paris can kick-off their rugby weekend by winning a place on board an exclusive coach where Dylan Hartley will be answering questions on his career over the years.
Travellers with a ticket on that service can be in with a chance of joining Dylan on board by replying to posts about the meet and greet on Eurostar’s Twitter and Instagram accounts. The winners will be selected at random and notified before their journey. Entrants are available from Monday 27th January to Wednesday 29th January, and tickets for the 11:15 train are still available for booking for those looking to enter but without a ticket yet.
Dylan Hartley led the England team to victory in the 2016 Six Nations Grand Slam, and after retiring from professional rugby in November 2019, he will now be commentating for the England v France game on Sunday.
For rugby fans looking to travel to Paris over the weekend, a Eurostar journey emits up to 90% less carbon emissions than the equivalent short-haul flight – making it the most sustainable way to travel to the Six Nations game.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets, visit Eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 08432 186186.
Notes to editors:
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customers travelling on the 11:15 train from London to Paris will be able to join the coach for the Q&A and meet Dylan Hartley on the platform before departure.
- This offer does not include any complimentary tickets to the England v France Six Nations game in State de France, Paris, or Eurostar travel. This opportunity only applies to travellers holding tickets for the 11:15 train to Paris.
- Entrants must respond to a post about the competition on Eurostar’s Twitter and Instagram accounts. Winners will be selected at random and notified in advance through their social media.
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Lyon, Avignon, Marseille, the French Alps, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
- From its early days of operation Eurostar has championed the environmental benefits of high-speed rail and the switch to sustainable modes of transport for short haul travel. A Eurostar journey from London to Paris up to emits 90% less carbon than the equivalent short haul flight making it a clear choice for the future of travel in Europe.
- From 1st January 2020, Eurostar has pledged to plant a tree for every train service that it operates across its routes. Working in partnership with the Woodland Trust, ReforestAction and Trees for All, 20,000 additional trees will be planted every year in woodlands across Eurostar’s markets of the UK, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Customers travelling by Eurostar can enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Seamless city centre to city centre travel, with stations located in the heart of our destinations
- Comfort and space on board to work or unwind with wifi connectivity and on board entertainment
- Fast and convenient check-in - passengers are asked to arrive only 30 minutes before departure
- Generous, free-of-charge baggage allowance with each passenger allowed 2 bags/suitcases and 1 piece of hand luggage
- No queues or baggage reclaim upon arrival - simply take your bag with you on board