19 August 2015
The great value getaway
Eurostar launches express sale from £32 one way
Eurostar is offering Brits the chance to head to Europe for less with a record number of destinations on sale. From a seaside escape to the South of France on Eurostar’s new direct service from London to a festive Christmas Market in Bruges, holidaymakers are spoilt for choice. The thirteen day ticket sale will run from 27 August – 8 September and travel is valid from late September 2015. Fancy a French escape?
Offers for Paris, Lille, Brussels
- Single fares in Standard from only £40 to Lyon and £45 to Avignon or Marseille direct from London St Pancras or Ashford International, for travel from 25 September – 25 April 2016.
- Standard Premier fares from just £85 one way to Lyon and £95 one way to Avignon and Marseille1. With more spacious surroundings and a light meal served at your seat, passengers can enjoy a little bit of luxury on their high-speed rail journey across the French countryside.
- 140,000 seats available at £32 one way for standard travel from London, Ashford or Ebbsfleet to Paris, Brussels, Lille or Calais for travel from 22 September – 16 December 2015.
- Travel to any Belgian station including Bruges, Ghent and Antwerp at £35 one way in Standard class or £87 one way in Standard Premier2.
Mary Walsh, Director of Communications for Eurostar said; “We’re encouraging our customers to beat the post summer holiday blues by booking a great value autumn or winter escape. With a record number of Eurostar destinations on sale, we’re offering our customers the widest range of holiday options than ever before. Whether you’re after a seaside break in Marseille or a festive break to Paris, there’s never been a better time to book.”
Eurostar passengers travelling to Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Brussels and Lille can also take advantage of 2 for 1 entry into a range of top museums and galleries including Musée des Confluences in Lyon, MuCEM in Marseille, Musée d’Orsay in Paris and Bozar in Brussels, all by simply showing their Eurostar tickets at entry.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com
or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186.
Notes to Editors Terms and Conditions
- 1This offer is for a promotional return fare of £40 one way, based on a £80 return in Standard and £85 one way based on a £170 return in Standard Premier on Eurostar direct services from London St Pancras International and Ashford International to Lyon Part-Dieu, and £45 one way based on a £90 return in Standard and a £95 one way based on a £190 return in Standard Premier to Avignon TGV and Marseille Saint-Charles.
- 2This offer is for a promotional return fare of £32 one way, based on a £64 return in Standard and £79 one way, based on a £158 return in Standard Premier on Eurostar direct services from London St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International or Ashford International to Paris Gare du Nord, Lille-Europe, Calais-Fréthun and Brussels-Midi.
- The offer is subject to availability and there may be limited availability for travel on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- The promotional fare will be available as of 27.08.2015.
- Based on bookings made between 27.08.2015 and 08.09.2015 for travel to Lyon, Avignon and Marseille between 25.09.2015 and 25.04.2016. Bookings cannot be made for travel to Lyon, Avignon and Marseille on 16.10.2015 to 19.10.2015, 23.10.2015 to 26.10.2015, 30.10.2015 to 31.10.2015, 19.12.2015, 26.12.2015, 02.01.2016, 13.02.2016, 20.02.2016, 25.03.2016 to 09.04.2016
- Based on bookings made between 27.08.2015 and 08.09.2015 for travel to Paris, Lille, Calais, and Brussels between 22.09.2015 and 16.12.2015. Bookings cannot be made for travel to Paris, Lille, Calais, and Brussels on 02.10.2015 to 05.10.2015, 16.10.2015 to 19.10.2015, 23.10.2015 to 08.11.2015 inclusive
- Fares valid for travel any day of the week subject to availability and schedules
- Promotion valid for Adult passengers (Child passengers can be booked on the discounted Adult fare or at normal Child fare)
- A £4 fee will apply to all credit card bookings, no charge is made for payments with a debit card
- For full terms and conditions visit Eurostar.com
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 150 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new e320 will carry around 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR. LCR’s holding was transferred to the Treasury in 2014, and sold by the UK government to a consortium comprising Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec (CDPQ) and Hermes Infrastructure on 28th May 2015.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding, European high-speed rail network.
- Eurostar and Eurotunnel are entirely separate companies. Eurostar operates high-speed passenger trains, while Eurotunnel operates vehicle shuttle services and the Channel Tunnel itself. Eurostar is Eurotunnel’s biggest customer.